Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

What civil action can i take against an employer who took…

What civil action can...

What civil action can i take against an employer who took money out of paycheck for AFLAC policy but when i turned in my claim i had no policy an also didnt pay us our remaining vacation time as promised after selling out.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this wage-and-hour issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

The company sold out an would not return any communication. and yes, shunnarrah didnt take it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No im not a union member.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, i was on medical leave when company sold out, an was not retained, i was approved for my short term disability an was paid from 04/2017 until 10/2017. I requested long term an was denied. My health condition declined tremendously. company did not honor health ins. My dr. also failed to provide all information to VOYA concerning my condition. i havent been paid since october. I also lost my wife of 20 years due tthis situation. i have 5 children also. i am now limited to having to walk with the assistance of a walking cane. I am a tractor trailer driver an bound by strict federal DOT regulations. I am completely unable to work.

3/28/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Eventhough the company has been sold, you need to file wage claim against the company with your State's Department of Labor or with U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division. You should also file complaint against the company with Attorney General's Office for fraud.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
there is no civil action I can take to recover any damages mentally an physically I have incurred due to this situation.?