Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was recently fired for a job I have had for the last four…

I was recently fired...

I was recently fired for a job I have had for the last four years and I feel I was taken advantage of in the processand . ok let me start for the beginning. for the last couple months I have has a problem with my neck and I was under doctors care .he had tried a couple [prescriptions. that didn't work well the last one had some really bad side affects like blurred vision loss of memory sweating just a whople list. on 3-14 I was leaving and was seeing double so I pulled over and let my boss know. this was the second time this had happened. the first time was about a week easrlier the first time he just told me to drive slower and justy brushed me off. I had ti drive nearly 200 miles withone eye open.so when he came and drove for me I was having trouble standing my equalibrum was all messed up I even fell twice in the mean time. so as I was getting more and more additated because of the lack of control with me body .so he drove and when we returned he wanted my to take a UA I was so confused I ask for my options and hje said he would get back to me ok well he did the nexgt day with my paycheck I feel I was in no condition to as of what to do the mecication had me literally halusinating bad and I was out of it and felt I couldn't make anhy sound decisions. I have the back up from my doctor who verified it all.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I know that refusing a ua is grounds for termination and is something i would never do i cant remember much of the conversation from the meds. nol just you

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

There is more when he brought me my check he said if i gave him oral sex he would make all this go away

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No sure

3/28/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
ok my name is ***** ***** and I worked for B&R auto wrecking in Corvallis Oregon.
Been there 4 years .For the last couple months I have been having problems with my neck for the last week or two I have been seeing a Specialist for the problem. Ok a couple weeks ago my doctor prescribed a drug called "Trihexyphenidyl" it alters nerve impulses and relaxes stiff muscles. in be knost to me it come with a long list of possible side effects I.E.. dizziness ,blurred , vision, fever, fast or irregular heart beats, anxiety, hallucinations, confusion, agitation, hyperactivity or loss of consciousness, seizures, eye pain or rash. . sweatingand of these 14 I suffered 12 and there is more, dryness of mouth, large pupils or blurred vision, drowsiness, difficulty urination, nervousness or anxiety upset stomach and sweating. on the evening of the 14th of march I went to work as usual like every day for the last four years. when I set of to begin my route I started feeling different as I got farther away I started seeing double and hallucinating .I immediately. pulled over and phoned my boss. the rest is pretty foggy I cant remember hardly anything except I was angry because I coulkdnt control what was happening to me I fell down a couple times and it was crazy so my boss Todd Boshart came and drove my shift insisting I go with him which I didn't want to. so when we get back 8 hrs later he informs me that I was to go take a U,A., andf I ask what my options were the told me they would get back to me, like I said I hardly remember and no way I could of been responsible for any questions in the state of mind I was in.So later that day Todd delivers my last check and tells me of the things I had done. after a few minutes he tell me he would make all of this go away if I were to give him oral sex. I was completely taken back and just walked away I have a doctors note explaining the side affects to them and I had even emailed them a copy which he said he never received and also informed me that no one would take rthe word of a drug user over his. I was not on anything other that my prescribed medication, what are my options here I am sure I cant go back to work with out being targeted. I have texts where ihe is calling me a "dick" sending nasty emijis ect ect he has called me a dick multiple times I have every text I ever got from him
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
what options do I have ? its not that I don't want to go back to work but it would be very hard to work with out feeling targeted

Thank you for the information.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was offline when your response came in.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Response: You would case for sexual harassment. If he has 15 or more employees, you can file complaint with U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity. This agency would give you a right to sue letter if they cannot handle your case. You would need this letter in order to file lawsuit against him.

If you quit under the circumstances or if you were terminated, you can apply for unemployment benefits. Click here to apply online.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I cant get my job back for wrongful termination I mean he told everyone i was on drugs when after all the side affects of the medication I was taking. he has made me out to be thids evil drug user when in fact with a doctors note also he is verhy very mistaken , qwhat about defimission of charatcter
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law