Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I’m working with a friend who is an author and has recorded…

Customer Question
Hi. I’m working with a...
Hi. I’m working with a friend who is an author and has recorded her book on tape. Recently she completed a recorded audio promotional interview with a company that has asked her to sign this release. We are very happy with the interview. Can you please look it over and let us know what you think? Thank you very much.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/27/2018
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 3 months ago
Roy Hadavi

­­Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney‑client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: Based on the information you have provided, there seems to be no issue with this release. It does not have any "red-flag" language and is very limited in scope.

Rating & Additional Questions:

• Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions. Please ask me as many questions as you need. There is no additional fee.
  • If you ask a follow‑up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.
  • If you are dissatisfied with my response, please let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can "Opt Out" and your question can be re‑posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.
  • If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today.
  • A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.
Thank you
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 3 months ago

You're very welcome.

Did you have any follow‑up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, please do not forget to rate my services at the top of the page (hopefully 5 stars), otherwise I get no credit for helping you today.

Box A seems to have two parts. The first part is the option. Second part is the list. By checking box A do we approve the list? Thanks.
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 3 months ago

Box A is the option and the list. Box B is neither. If you want the list and the option check Box A.

Thank you
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 3 months ago

You're very welcome.

Please do not forget to rate my services at the top of the page (hopefully 5 stars), otherwise I get no credit for helping you today.

Hi. How and where do I rate you? Thanks.
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 3 months ago

That is my fault. I forgot to open the question to rating. A 5-star option should be available at the top of the screen now.