Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Private disability policy question. Nebraska. My question…

Customer Question
Private disability policy question ...

Private disability policy question

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nebraska

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

My question is, I am a physician. If I go on complete disability through my private policy, am I in risk of putting my disability benefits in jeopardy if I volunteer as a physician occasionally but I am not paid for my services.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nipe

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/28/2018
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Response: Unfortunately, yes even if you are not getting paid for your services. The reasoning would be that if you able to volunteer, you would be able to also work on part-time basis.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.