Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I 'm working on H1B and my Employer is new jersey based

Customer Question
I 'm working on...

I 'm working on H1B and my Employer is new jersey based company , they don't have direct clients and i'm placed at third part site for work and i'm working for last 8 months but due to so much immigration related changes in recent months i can not plan for long term and decided to quit and go back to my home country but my employer is threatening me sent a cease and desist notice , if i'll not here in US and they filed a lawsuit what could happen can they chase me to my home country as well

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm good

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/27/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Are you under contract with them to work for a certain amount of time and did you leave before that contract is up?