Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Its about my current job. I was falsely accused with a

Customer Question
Its about my current...

Its about my current job. I was falsely accused with a misconduct at work with what was being read by the statement they read me was still vague. My workplace is based on favoritism whereas if you are not like, then you will be treated unfair. How do I go about in battling this thing! I did signed a statement because they did threaten my employment status which was a mistake.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the accusation with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

The manager is in on it. I have not spoken to a lawyer but I am a veteran. I guessed I'm trying to get a representative that will work for me for free. Lets say the workplace is kind of corrupted

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I just sign a union paper this week but I didnt understand the full protection of the union since I never register. Before I did signed the paper, I thought of how they got rid of an employee for something silly that they made up, I thought if I did disagree, I could not afford to be out for 1 week or so out of work

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Employment Law
3/28/2018
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 28 days ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information. Can you please tell me who (what position at your Company) had you sign the "paper" and what is said in general? Are you saying you were written up or counseled about something and they had you sign an acknowledgement of the counseling? If so, what were you warned about? Did you speak to your union rep? Why do you think you are being counseled versus someone else?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
My position is a mechanic. It is a contract job for broward county. I was written up which it was served as a warning. During the meeting, the assistant general manager, myself, and my boss was there (maintenance supervisor). The general manager was the one who issued the write-up. I was written up for harassment towards the maintenance clerk. I was shock because I only go to her office for parts but she gives me a hard time while not giving the other mechanics the same. She said I dont say "good morning" to her or include words like "please". Because the clerk was hindering my work, I wrote a complaint about her whereas she wrote a complaint about me thenafter saying I'm harrassing her. As for the meeting goes, they completely dismissed my statement about her but took her statement instead. I did not want to lose my job because this company is known to release you on some fictional reason that they made up. What I'm saying is all findings on harrassment are false.I do not have a union representative but I'm in process of getting one. I just dont want so much time passby whereas time itself will kill these false allegation against me. The write up was this passed Monday.
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 27 days ago

I apologize for the delay, but I am currently unavailable to assist you. I will opt out to allow someone else to assist you. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
How about a full refund instead becaise i needed a responds like yesterday
Tina, Lawyer