Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Daughter is nurse at local hospital, was fired about one…

Customer Question
Daughter is nurse at...

Daughter is nurse at local hospital, was fired about one month ago over the phone. alleged she had harassed another employee, and refused to treat a patient. was not given chance to defend herself

Lawyer's Assistant: Was the termination discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

They stated over the phone that the hr manager was in the room listening to the call

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

I think it is at will, salaried employee

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She feels treated unfairly and has also been denied unemployement

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
3/27/2018
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to answer your question.

I am very sorry to hear about the way your daughter was treated. Can you please clarify for me what you are asking regarding this situation? How can I help you?

Tina, Lawyer