Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am planning to file a civil action against 2 corporations,

Customer Question
Hi. I am planning...

Hi. I am planning to file a civil action against 2 corporations, one, my employer based in Montgomery county, PA, one, a healthcare company, the agent of my employer based in Philadelphia county PA. Which county,vand court has juristdiction. My complaint is for illegal phone recording, whilstleblowjng and defamation

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Yes, both. My HR has no response, siding with healthcare company. Lawyers were not interested in case, so I'm Pro Se

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I'm at will, no union, salaried.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have all details to support my claims

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/27/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You can file in the location where either defendant is located. Since the primary defendant is your employer in Montgomery, that is generally the court where you would file the suit against the employer AND their agent.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thank you. Would you know if you, or another Attorney would be willing to represent me? I am willing to pay for the right Attorney?

Thank you for your reply.

There are so many attorneys in the greater Philadelphia area there is no way we could recommend any, but you need to consider using the same site used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.superlawyers.com and you are looking for a employment law or general civil litigation attorney.