Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am resigning without a two weeks notice on an overseas AT…

Customer Question
Hello I am resigning...

Hello I am resigning without a two weeks notice on an overseas AT WILL contract

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Can I my employer refused to give me my r&r reimbursement money, last paycheck, and retroactive pay

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I’m sending the letter to the manager now

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

At will employee

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/27/2018
Employment Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Is the employer and employee relationship governed by US law? Is there a contract addressing this issue?
governed by the US law
There isn’t anything mentioned about the pay after resigning in the contract
Thank you.
If an employee quit a and fails to give notice the employer has until the next regularly scheduled payday to issue the last paycheck with incidentals. Please seehttps://www.dol.gov/general/topic/wages/lastpaycheckFailure to comply may result in daily fines.
Here is a list of possible penalties :https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/wages/backpay

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.

Would you like a copy of my contract. Everything is at will. A two weeks notice isn’t required. I am a contractor working overseas. What about the retro pay and my reimbursements. Can they refuse to pay?
You didn’t answer my last question
One can file the above mentioned complaint to seek compensation for back pay and also sue in court for back pay and reimbursement issues based on a breach of contract.

Hello; just checking in on the above.
Otherwise

Thank you.