Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My brother did a few weeks work with his ex boss, working as…

Customer Question
Hi So my brother...

Hi So my brother did a few weeks work with his ex boss , working as PLASTERES , and not to mention in the very hot days. He is still owed a fair amount of pay and has been struggling since. He has been fair with the ex boss as the boss gave him a few excuses as to why he couldn’t pay him yet and I’ve heard my brother say his ex boss will put it in his account today, but that being said for the last two weeks almost and still my brother has not been paid the rest of the monies owing to him.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok thanking you

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No I am trying to find some advice to tell him what he is entitled too

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

It’s hourly paid. I guess private employer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I’m, other than what and how soon should this employer pay my brother the monies owing to him? He is going away for a new job and is in need of the monies owed to him to get what he needs for his new job so it is now really having a big effect

Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Employment Law
3/27/2018
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 30 days ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
No excuse for non payment. You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.If not paid promptly, A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Tina, Lawyer