Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I had 38 hours of pto and the place i worked did not pay me…

Customer Question
I had 38 hours...

I had 38 hours of pto and the place i worked did not pay me my time. they state that their new policy states they do not have too. i was paid hourly and got about 3 hour a pay period of pto. what do i do to get the money i earned?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this wage-and-hour issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

HR

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No union at will worker

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No i do not think so

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Employment Law
3/27/2018
Employment Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 26 days ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - What did your HR rep tell you? Was their "new" policy released in a handbook? Do you have your original paperwork stating your amount of PTO?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
no new hand book, the HR did not respond to me , I do have the paperwork stating how much i get a 80 pay period. I have what they owe me. the hand book I signed was 2016 and there is no new hand book

Okay - thank you for the information. The first thing you will need to do is get a meeting with your HR director as this is a violation of your employment agreement. I believe your HR manager will take care of the situation because a company can not just amend their policies without notifying their employees. They are free to change their policies, but they can not take away PTO you have already accrued.

If your HR manager does not address this situation correctly, your next step would be to contact a local employment law attorney in your area and show them the information you just told me and give him the information from your meetings with HR.

I believe I have answered your question and given you the next steps in the process - can you please rate my answer with 5 stars

DanLegal
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer