Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My boss fired me I live in Colorado does he have 24 hr to…

Customer Question
My boss fired me...

My boss fired me I live in Colorado does he have 24 hr to pay me if he don't pay by 24hr what should I do

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No hr I'm trying to get a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I never filled anything out to be a at will employee no union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He fired me for no reason besides that he heard something

Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Employment Law
3/27/2018
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 30 days ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
what are the laws to fire some one in colorado

Great, thank you! The system may automatically ask you for a phone call; however, it’s not required that you take it. Bear with me a moment while I review…

Thanks for your patience. The answer to your question is that they have to provide you your final paycheck at the time they terminate you unless:

• When the employer's accounting unit, responsible for the drawing of payroll checks, is not regularly scheduled to be operational, then the wages due the separated employee shall be made available to the employee no later than six hours after the start of such employer's accounting unit's next regular workday.
  • If the accounting unit is located off the work site, the employer shall deliver the check for wages due the separated employee no later than twenty-four hours after the start of such employer's accounting unit's next regular workday to one of the following locations selected by the employer:
    • a) the work site,
      b) the employer's local office,
      c) the employee's last-known mailing address.

Tina, Lawyer