Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My 401K required that i take out $800 prior to April 1. This…

Customer Question
My 401K required that...

My 401K required that i take out $800 prior to April 1. This plan is solely funded by me. Do I report this to my Kansas dept of Unemployment as I am receiving benefits from them

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this unemployment issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I was working for a small company and my HR person would not know the answer. I am 79 and not really able to have an attorney financially

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is this a pay for attorney site?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/27/2018
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Response: No, you do not because this amount does not qualify as pension payment.

Best wishes,

<p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.

Thank you very much for your response. It crrtainly pitd my mind at ease

You are quite Welcome!

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.