Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have an appeal hearing on April 5,2018 due to my up being…

Customer Question
I have an appeal...

I have an appeal hearing on April 5,2018 due to my up being denied. I took a voluntary resignation due to my health reason and my state drives license being revoked. I worked 45 minutes away from home. I had physical therapy twice a week all my family members work which made it difficult. During my resignation I had a meeting with my hr rep who stated that if I get denied to appeal because there would be no one from the company that would show up to the hearing. The only thing I have to take to the appeal hearing is the letter from my state dmv. Should that be enough or should I try to seek other documents

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

Hourly

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/27/2018
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Response: You should seek other documents such as documents from your doctor regarding your health and what kind of job that you would still be able to do with your health issues. As you know, if approved, in order to continue to receive benefits, you must show that you are looking for jobs, available for jobs, and willing to take suitable jobs offered to you.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.