Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have a brother in a nursing and they're wanting to release…

Customer Question
I have a brother...

I have a brother in a nursing and they're wanting to release him . the nursing home said he has memory lost and needs 24 hr care but we have nowherte for him to go

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

The manager of the nursing but they left the meeting in the middle of discussion

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

We don't know

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

His is 75 years old he has medicare and blue cross and blue shield federalisit coverage he's been since feb 12

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/26/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The nursing home cannot just put him out on the street. The home and social worker at the home have to work with you to find him a memory care facility which will accept his insurance and also to assist you in applying for medicaid.

Since he needs to go to a memory care facility, the first step is to get with the home social worker for assistance. If the home social worker cannot assist, then you would need to contact social services medicaid office and explain to them that he is in need of long term memory care and they will assist you in getting him onto medicaid and getting him into a facility that he needs for his care.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.