Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

If your job position has been eliminated within the company…

Customer Question
If your job position...

If your job position has been eliminated within the company is it legal for the company to hire a new staff for the same position that I was fired from

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

HR was present when I was terminated. And, no I have not talked to a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I wasn't given two weeks to leave all I was given was three days. And a week severance pay is that fair

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Employment Law
3/26/2018
Employment Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer replied 29 days ago
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me what state this is in?

Employment Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer replied 28 days ago

Are you there?

Hello???

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

Tina, Lawyer