Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am having trouble finding an attorney for 2 cases. The…

Customer Question
I am having trouble...

I am having trouble finding an attorney for 2 cases. The first one is for defamation of character for a temp agency in Orange County California. This employer gave me a negative reference, so I had to get a cease and desist letter written by an attorney. The second is for the Department of Human Rights state of Illinois . They want evidence to be mailed to them or even witnesses. There is one witness that I listed, but she cannot testify or have any doings with the case. Therefore she will no longer have a job. Both cases ties in with each other because one is the temporary service and the other one is the place that the temporary service placed me for the assignment. I worked at the place for nine months, but was told by the temp service that I would get hired on permanently after six months. Back in January of last year I filed a EEOC for discrimination on the temp agency and the place where they sent me to work, because I noticed that the supervisor hired all 10 Caucasian males and one Mexican male. He hired no females and he did not hire any African-Americans. I believe the place they sent me to work is trying to protect the temp agency from getting sued for giving me a negative reference. I never did fill out the paper work for the Department of Human Rights of Illinois. I heard from them after the CEO of the temporary agency headquarters received the cease and desist letter from the attorney. There is another case that is similar to my case. The only difference is that she filed against a different temp agency vs the same company for her place of assignment. This place has multiple cases and keep getting away with the same thing. They have been sued before for this type of activity.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this discrimination issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Yes I have, but the attorney that I had isn't responding. Nobody is answering the phone when I try to reach them. I need an attorney that can deal with both cases. The NAACP is also involved, and they want a conference call from an attorney. I believe the attorney that I had does not want to deal with the NAACP. They know that I have a case, but I need an attorney that can help me with the case without getting black balled.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Yes, and no I do not belong to a union.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, I know that there are more people that would like to speak out that has been through the same thing with this company. I need to find a group of people that has been involved with this particular company and temp agency. I believe that the Temp agency and the company that I was working for is running a non legitimate business. They are keeping employees that either been in prison or have criminal backgrounds. They bring in family members that doesn't even have the education or the experience to do the job. They come in intoxicated or high on drugs. They claimed that I was fired because they say that I made too many mistakes and that I had an attitude. I did not have an attitude, I had a disappointment. Mistakes are made because of changes are occasionally made to the blueprints without any of the employees knowing that changes have been made. The supervisor covers up his mistakes all the time. There was a 1.5 million rack that had fallen to the floor after Jeff which is an World Wide Technology employee unwrapped it, another employee named Stewart tried to save it, but he could not, the other employee (Stewart) that tried to save it hurt his back, but he had no choice but to let it fall, this happened on a Friday. The rack laid there over the entire weekend, but Monday morning it was hidden by my Supervisor. He covers up for himself and certain employees all of the time. Three weeks before I was fired, which I assumed that I was being laid off, because they were in a slow season. While I was working on my rack on the other side, my cell phone was laying on the other side. An employee by the name of Jeff picked up my phone, tapped the screen, and was nosing around with it, there he seen my screensaver with me and my fiance on the front. I was going with a doctor chiropractor at the time and he was Caucasian. I asked him what he was doing with my phone and he said "nothing", but he continued to stare at my screen as if he was in shock. I also believe that this was part of my termination. I feel he nosed around into my personal business. And that my relationship with my finance got back to my Supervisor. Remember I was there for nine months. I feel why keep me for nine months if I wasn't the right candidate for the job? Instead I believe it was because I was in a interracial relationship. And I believe it was because I wore my natural hair styles such twist outs, and Afros. I was lied to and my time was wasted when I could have put that time in elsewhere. I have Associates degree in IT. There is people in there that doesn't have a degree. I am in school now for Computer Science for my Bachelors with a scholarship. The temporary agency is Ultimate staffing which is operated by Roth Staffing Companies, LP, and the place of assignment was World Wide Technology. World Wide Technology was sued by Earnest Ryals and Clifford Smith for discrimination. This happened back in November 2007. they sued for $3.5 million. The other one is similar to my case Deidra Brown, Plaintiff, v. World Wide Technology and Aerotek Staffing, Defendants. This was filed November 16, 2016. She worked in a different department, but at the same place. I worked there from March- 2016 to December- 2016. I still have my original work badge, which is crazy. The NAACP feel that since the EEOC closed the case that is should be reopened. The Department of Human right is what I am dealing with now for World Wide Technology. They want evidence before the end of April 2018. My Supervisor did not hire any African-Americans until the investigation of the EEOC case came through, which is another one of his cover ups. This is a billion dollar industry, that takes advantage of people by trying belittle them. So far in so many words I am being called dumb and stupid. I am not doing this for myself I am doing this for people that has to tolerate such disrespect.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
3/26/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question.

I am afraid if you are looking for an attorney to represent you, none of the attorneys on this site can do so as it is prohibited by state laws. If you need representation please use the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org

Tina, Lawyer