Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work 30 hours per week. Monday through Wed. and recieve…

Customer Question
I work 30 hours...

I work 30 hours per week. Monday through Wed. and recieve insurance and dental. Is this considered fulltime? Fulltime employees also receive 9 paid holidays per year. Being that my work week is Monday through Wed., my employer says I only qualify for holidays that fall on my scheduled workdays. Is this legal or within their rights? Labor day, Memorial Day, Good Friday, Thanks Giving are all Holidays that typically fall on a Thursday or Friday. Thanks!

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this scheduling issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

The 30 hours per week schedule or my question about eligibility for holiday pay.....

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No union here

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, does this cost any money?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/26/2018
Employment Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good morning. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you today
What state are you located
Wisconsin. I also get 3 weeks vacation
In Wisconsin you are only considered full time employee if you are employed in a regular, nonseasonal job, and as a condition of employment, you are required to work at least 2,080 hours per year, including paid leave and holidays (see Tax 3.05(2)(c)).Wisconsin law does not require private employers to provide employees with either paid or unpaid holiday leave. In Wisconsin, a private employer can require an employee to work holidays, even if you receive holiday or vacation days as part of your compensation package.I hope this clarifies. Please don’t forget to rate the question with stars. We as attorneys are not employees of Just Answer and are not paid unless you rate the question with stars.

I​f you have any other questions, please just ask