Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Review paragraph do you think I can still File a fmla

Customer Question
Please review paragraph do you...
Please review paragraph do you think I can still
File a fmla grevievence
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Employment Law
3/25/2018
Employment Lawyer: Thelawman2, Lawyer replied 29 days ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

As part of this agreement, it states that you are unaware of any actions that could lead to bringing an FMLA claim. As a result, it would probably be a violation of the agreement to attempt to bring an FMLA grievance. Now if you were unaware of any actions at the time that you signed the agreement, but later became aware, it would seem that you could bring an FMLA claim but that you could not recover monetary damages as part of that FMLA claim.

I hope this has been helpful. Is so, please provide a positive rating so I get credit for helping you today. 5 stars would be greatly appreciated!

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Why I asked I am on fmla and they wrote me up I am a VP with a flawless work the right is in my belief a way is stacking up paper to fire me - at least it feels that way does that have merit- that’s the reason I suggested the resignation it’s not normal in this company to write up a VP like an hourly so if I did not go into negotiations to get out one more or 2 paper write ups could get me fired -

This release would suggest that you are agreeing that you do not have an FMLA claim. If you were to bring an FMLA claim after signing this agreement, you would be found to be in breach of it most likely and the company would recover whatever they gave you. And you would also potentially lose the right to monetary damages in that FMLA claim as a result of signing this agreement. I would suggest reaching out to a local employment discrimination attorney in your area so they can evaluate your case and let you know the best way to proceed.

Thelawman2
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer