Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My boss has harassed me on couple of occasions, first time I…

Customer Question
My boss has harassed...

My boss has harassed me on couple of occasions, first time I with my start date, secondly claiming she has friends at my other job, thirdly questioning my abilities to work in certain areas due to people opinions. Not listening to anything I have said and now wants to meet me again about my performance. Which certain people don’t think I’m capable.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this harassment issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I feel harassed

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Belong to a union

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Employment Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 27 days ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Have you spoken to anyone at the Union about it?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
she seems very busy and overwhelmed

Did the Union rep give you any advice? Just checking to see what she told you.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
No really
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Not really
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Are you there

Okay. The best action to take at this point is to start keeping a record of the date and occurrence of any harassment and what took place. This is evidence in case something happens to you. This will help in any potential discrimination case you may have.

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I have been keeping a record and but my concern is getting fired. Is that possible?
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Should contact a lawyer too?

It's always good to have a local attorney know what is happening in case something does actually happen like being fired. You can have private counsel with the attorney to discuss various options on how to proceed.

Employment Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 23 days ago

Hello again:

I am checking in with you to see if you need further help. If you need more, just let me know.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney