Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I would like to learn If my employer, who separated me with…

I would like to learn...
I would like to learn If my employer, who separated me with no prior disciplinary action or any sort of advance notice might be exposed to wrongful termination liability. I also think there may be grounds to consider a hostile workplace argummet.
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

BTW. “Corporate restructuring” is the only reason given

You can file with EEOC here and claim hostile environment.It may have been age of other discrimination here.It is real common that they replace you with say younger, cheaper worker.

File here

https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm

Harassment is a form of employment discrimination that violates Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, (ADEA), and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, (ADA).

Harassment is unwelcome conduct that is based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. Harassment becomes unlawful where 1) enduring the offensive conduct becomes a condition of continued employment, or 2) the conduct is severe or pervasive enough to create a work environment that a reasonable person would consider intimidating, hostile, or abusive. Anti-discrimination laws also prohibit harassment against individuals in retaliation for filing a discrimination charge, testifying, or participating in any way in an investigation, proceeding, or lawsuit under these laws; or opposing employment practices that they reasonably believe discriminate against individuals, in violation of these laws.

Consider a local employment lawyer to sue based on EEOC and hostile work environment.

I am so sorry that this has happened to you.I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Employment lawyer
Thanks

Prayers to you here with all of this.

Appreciated!

Bye have a great evening.