Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I terminated an employee who was harassing two of my other…

I terminated an employee...

I terminated an employee who was harassing two of my other employees. The former employee has continued his retaliation against me (I am majority owner and managing partner) as well as the company and the two employees. I want to know if the EEOC can assist me in getting an injunction or something else to stop the retaliatory actions.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this harassment issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am the employer who investigated allegations of harassment by my junior partner against two of my employees. I found harassment and fired the harasser. The harasser has been retaliating against the two employees, me and the company.

3/24/2018
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

The EEOC will not help you on this.

You should report the harassment to the local police and press charges.

The court can also impose an order of protection to prevent the further harassment. I he violates the order he will be subject to fines and incarceration for contempt of court.

I am happy to continue if you have further questions.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Loren, Lawyer