Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Today on accident I said him instead of she! The person

Customer Question
Hi today on accident...

Hi today on accident I said him instead of she! The person jumped my case and threatened me with charges what are your thoughts?

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?

Nothing like that, the transgender just went crazy when I said him! it was an honest mistake and my supervisor knows that and he was standing right next to me.....

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I decided to remove myself from my work enviorment, and hr called me and asked me what happened

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/24/2018
Employment Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Charges for what?

.

With HR or a criminal or civil charge?

.

.

thanks

I don't know! this co-worker a transgender (male to female) went off of me
for a slip of the tongue.

Ok, then no, there is no legally actionable offense here... civilly or criminally.. The fact that the person is transgender is confusing enough for them, so they should expect a little confusion from people around them until they get used to the situation..

.

So I see no breaches of any law whatsoever... With that said, I couldn't say if HR would have some type of issue or concern with this type of thing or not..

.

.

thanks.

No I can't afford the charge of $59.00
Thank you for your time sir.

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much