Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Attorney Wendy
Attorney Wendy
Attorney Wendy, Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
I was let go from my job and want to know if they have to
RobertJDFL, Attorney
I was let go from my job and want to know if they have to pay me my commission … read more
If we have an employee who is paid a base salary, but
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
Hello, If we have an employee who is paid a base salary, but receives a sales draw, how should we calculated the average earnings for short term disability? … read more
We just opened a independent car dealership in TN, can sales
Legal Eagle, Attorney
we just opened a independent car dealership in TN, can sales people be commission only? Or if they dont sell something can they receive no compensation? … read more
The individual working for our company as a sales person
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
The individual working for our company as a sales person being paid 10-99 was driving a company car and wearing the company logos on the shirts. His name was added to the list of drivers for the insur… read more
Is it legal in California to pay a Sales person commission
Phillips Esq., Attorney
Hi. Is it legal in California to pay a Sales person commission only based on a W-9 and not employ him? … read more
I am 70 years old, was employed at Ray Catena Motors in
John, Employment Lawyer
I am 70 years old, was employed at Ray Catena Motors in Edison for 3 years, their other facility, Union,N.J. for 2 years . ( had cancer & was out sick for a year ).Sold commercial vans, always top ten… read more
I am a commissioned salesperson and recently quit my job. I
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Managing Attorney
I am a commissioned salesperson and recently quit my job. I received front halves upfront and the balance is do upon closing. Considering I'm no longer employed I walked away from 14 closing due to a … read more
I work plastic surgery company in Newport Beach. We had
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
Hello, I work for a plastic surgery company in Newport Beach. We had signed up with a financing company for our patients to use called "EPS". Their representative came out and set up all the terminals… read more
We are NY employer and had an employee in our sales department
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
We are NY employer and had an employee in our sales department who was on salary plus commission. The Company has no written agreement detailing commissions and terms and conditions under which commis… read more
Hi. My residence is in Bossier Parish, Louisiana. This past
Phillips Esq., Attorney
Hi. My residence is in Bossier Parish, Louisiana. This past February I answered an online employment ad regarding the sales of Jacuzzi walk-in tubs to seniors in La. (traveling outside sales). I was r… read more
I worked for a company commission only selling cars.
LawTalk, Attorney at Law
I worked for a company commission only selling cars. According to the agreement I was to receive money ( $50 for each car sold during the quarter) from GM provided I sold a minimum of 18 per quarter. … read more
I have two questions I worked for a car dealership and my
LawTalk, Attorney at Law
I have two questions I worked for a car dealership and my pay was based on a salary of 3000.00 plus commission when i started no one asked if in needed a draw they just assumed i did make the comment … read more
I was fired for unauthorized removal of company property.
Infolawyer, Lawyer
I was fired for unauthorized removal of company property. It was common practice in the past to borrow equipment from the premises, the equipment was always returned. This time I made a mistake for no… read more
I was fired this past thursday for getting into a heated argument
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I was fired this past thursday for getting into a heated argument with a fellow employee and yelling at him. I was employed at a new car dealership where you are required to inspect customers cars fre… read more
I AM A CALIFORNIA USED AUTO DEALER. I HAD AN EMPLOYEE THAT
Infolawyer, Lawyer
I AM A CALIFORNIA USED AUTO DEALER. I HAD AN EMPLOYEE THAT WAS TERMINATED AFTER 6 YEARS. HE NOW STATES THAT THE DEALERSHIP OWES HIM THE COMMISSION ON UNCOLLECTED FUNDS. EXAMPLE: $1000 DOWN PAYMENT $50… read more
I signed non compete last year. Im in sales and they now just
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I signed non compete last year. I'm in sales and they now just eliminated hourly, daily and monthly bonuses. They are how ever letting us keep our 12% commission rate (but now it is based after cost).… read more
I live in California and worked for a company for five years
Faye Lee
Faye Lee, JD and MBA and Masters of Law
I live in California and worked for a company for five years and recently left for another position. I left the company on very good terms. The problem is I was paid an hourly wage and team incentives… read more
My son was employed by a car dealership for the past 4
Anne
Anne, Attorney
My son was employed by a car dealership for the past 4 or 5 years. He never took a vacation. In April he took his first vacation (1 week) and when he returned he was told that to continue working ther… read more