Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work in a Apple Retail Store. I am non management & I have…

Hello. I work in...

Hello. I work in a Apple Retail Store. I am non management & I have experienced increased harassment to not only myself, but some of my coworkers. Defining the type of harassment could be a bit tricky. The Harassers are managers. They realize what lines not to cross so as not to easily be reprimanded by the Store Leader or H.R. Can you help?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this harassment issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No union, Not sure what “at will” means

3/24/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
On review of your facts, you have a good case.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Counsel can seek to resolve or pursue for you and as a class.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Perfect. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer