Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

A doctor yelled at me and I told him not to yelled me, and…

A doctor yelled at...

A doctor yelled at me and I told him not to yelled me, and he went to my boss. I'll probably get fired. can I file for unemployment?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I did with my manager. I told her what happened. She said she heard from the doctor, aNd, "He's really pissed." No to HR or a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, I don't belong to a union

3/24/2018
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Thank you

If you are terminated I would file an EEOC complaint here.It is clear you did nothing wrong and I wonder if your boss here is wanting to terminate based on your age, sex, race, etc and replace you with cheaper worker.The doctor was acting unprofessionally, all you did was ask him to stop yelling.

File charge

https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm

I hope you pursue this through EEOC if they take any kind of personnel action and sue for wrongful termination.

I appreciate the chance to help yo u so sorry this happened.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Employment lawyer