Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I live in Houston, Texas and feel like my employer

Customer Question
I live in Houston...

I live in Houston, Texas and feel like my employer discriminated against me and acted unethically in the preparation of audited financial statements due to her preoccupation with defaming my character and creating a hostile work environment

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this discrimination issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I discussed it with HR, and found out yesterday in an approved evaluation form that they determined that my claims were all false and evidence of professional misconduct however I was not given due process and they never offered me the opportunity to provide all the evidence I have to refute the claims

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I am an at will employee

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I suffered from a medical condition that was aggravated due to the manager's denial to provide me reasonable accomodations for a disability

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
See attached word document.
I want to send a cease and desist letter to that manager for now at least, to at minimum get the professional allegations to stop. Would that help?
3/24/2018
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

Response: Unfortunately, no because your HR has sided with the manager. So, in HR's eyes, you are the one at fault and not the manager who has discriminated against you. Your option here would be to file disability discrimination with U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission against the company if the company has 15 or more employees for wrongfully denying your request for reasonable accommodation and for condoning hostile work environment.

You do not need an employment Attorney to file your discrimination company. Click here for more information.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.