Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Worked as a Mechanic for a medical device company, I'm a…

Customer Question
Worked as a Mechanic...

Worked as a Mechanic for a medical device company, I'm a disabled Vet from 1977. My disability is my left knee . In 2016 and 2017 I had both knees replaced. My company said that I could not fill my position any longer and was told to just stay on LTD. This forced me to go on SS early. I was awarded 60% disability from the VA and disability from SS.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No and HR will not talk about anything other than my LTD

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I made 60k to 70K per year.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/24/2018
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 5 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

I FEEL THAT THEY VIOLATED AMERICAN WITH DISABILITYS ACT. I LOST A LOT OF INCOME.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?

Thank you for the information.

If you are alleging disability discrimination, then you can file discrimination complaint against the company with U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. However, you have 330 days from the time of the incident to to file your complaint or forever waive your right to file such a claim. You do not need an Attorney to start your complaint. Click here for more information.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I'm still an employee on LTD does that change the rights

No, it does not.