Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Is there an employment lawyer I can ask some questions? What…

Customer Question
Hello- is there an...

Hello- is there an employment lawyer I can ask some questions?

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

What do you mean?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

At will, and I am still currently employed its salaried

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I guess much of the information would be in the questions that I will be needing to ask Thank you very much.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
3/23/2018
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello. At time of hire i was indicated a salaried wage. Last week marked my one full year. I was told my vacation pay was used up for time I was sick and had PTO. Then I receive my a consolidation of my pays and notice that my gross pays are all varied. I thought that all deductions were made out of my net and not my gross. I, honestly, don't know what is going on here, and there is absolutely no employee policy handbook that I can go by to know what the compliance for this company is. Although small, there is a lot of disparity here because the CEO's manager is his son.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well, the manager appointed by CEO, is the CEO's son (bias).

Great, thank you! The system may automatically ask you for a phone call; however, it’s not required that you take it. Bear with me a moment while I review…

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you.

Ok, so, are you wondering whether what they took out of your gross was legitimate? Do you have a copy of your stub you could upload so I can see?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The manager indicated that the insurance plan i got through the company does NOT have to do with gross pay. They were suppose to give me a raise, (clearly i have this on tape) on the day of hire, they have not, and after my one year is over they indicated that I am on a 6 month probation which was not said at time of hire. They indicated 6 month probation so now they can indicate the deductions, and sick leave so I don't have to ask them for vacation pay. In other words, the vacation was used in exchange for time I had off when i was sick. I will upload my pay stub for you.

I see. It seems like there may be a few moving parts and a lot more issues than I originally thought and I have a lot of questions. Would you be interested in a phone call to discuss? IUt's $60, but your call time is unlimited and it's highly valuable and your satisfaction is guaranteed. I've submitted an offer so let me konw if you're interested.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just uploaded a consolidation and a copy of my pay stub
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They sold me a POS insurance implying it was a PPO of which I have in black and white. With this in my hand I can at least dispute in getting my money back for a premium I paid, but a service I never had.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
A lot of double standard games here and it's compromising my earnings. Just don't know what I am left to do. Any help from you will be great.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would like a phone call but with writing i can have a better understanding and re review as I can't concentrate on listening and taking notes simultaneously.

I see. So, unfortunately, I think that this one may be a bit too complex for me to handle without a phone call. Not to worry though, I can have another expert take over for me and answer your questions. I don't want to waste your time so I'll opt out and you won't be charged any extra when another attorney picks up.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I understand. its ok, I wont take up anyone else's time
Tina, Lawyer