Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I'm looking to understand the basics around pay

Customer Question
I'm looking to understand...

I'm looking to understand the basics around pay discrimination.

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discrimination issue discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Manager and HR

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

At will and the job is salaried

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I opened up a compensation review about a month ago after our annual performance review. I recently put in my notice and am having issues with getting a written statement regarding the discrepancy from HR for my personal records. My take home pay has been decreasing year over year even with consistent performance. I am also performing a job function i'm not being compensated for because i have a different job title. There's more details but i think this is a good starting place.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/23/2018
Employment Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Discrimination is based on being treated differently because of your race, ethnicity, sex, disability, etc. Is that is what is happening in your situation?

Tina, Lawyer