Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have been discriminated against and feel. I feel I am

Customer Question
I have been discriminated...

I have been discriminated against and feel

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I feel I am being forced out of my job after 23 yrs with my retirement being next year. I am currently on FMLA due to medical conditions with my wife. My evaluation is not based on accurate information and even my direct supervisor feels he was 'made' to make these comments even after at least 12 attempts to find something wrong. I refused to sign it with legal guidance. There are comments on the eval. that are direct retaliation of prior issues that were held in HR in front of HR Director.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I just received evaluation today at 4pm EST. I have done nothing yet but have been told it has to be sign and return by tomorrow. I was planning to send email to HR to ask how to handle this but feel the HR Director may be getting pressure also.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that until this yr. my evals have always been very good or excellent. I took issues about my mgmt. team in 2017 to HR to resolve. There was a lot of negative feelings after that meeting and this eval and the marks and comments are retaliation from that issue. There are many things that have come up since that issue, which supposedly was resolved and for the most part in my favor, that I feel are the reason for this eval. Even to the point of wanting to put me on probation which HR stopped. It is not founded but a way for direct mgmt. to get back at me again.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/23/2018
Employment Lawyer: attyadvisor, Attorney replied 4 months ago
attyadvisor
attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you. Can you tell me the State that your question pertains to?

Florida

If you would like to file a wrongful termination action against the employer, please let me know the county so i can provide a link Attorneys in your area that handle these matters and provide FREE consultations.

Employment Lawyer: Michael J., Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Michael J., Esq.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today.
By continuing, you acknowledge that I am not providing legal advice and can only comment on the law in general.

Do you still need help?