Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

I have not been paid for hours worked.. Since I started

Customer Question

I have not been paid for hours worked . . Since I started there. Never once did they even look farther into it then me saying I am short hours . I have a written acknowledgement of my gm stating he sees what . I stated and is working on it . That was over two months ago . I have been working at this store for two years . And it started right way.
JA: Have you discussed this wage-and-hour issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Yes I am / was management . And I have print outs of some of the proof
JA: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: At will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Other employees have had same problem
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 8 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Generally, an employer must pay their employee at least a minimum wage, the wage agreed upon in their employment agreement, and overtime wages, if the rules regarding overtime apply to the employee. This is a short answer to your question, but in your case, if your employer has failed to comply with making payment to you as consistent with your employment agreement and under the law, then you could file a complaint with the US or your state Dept. of Labor.

If you have a complaint regarding overtime, you can actually just click here and follow the rules on how to file a complaint.

Did you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?