Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was being overworked and it was impacting my mental

Customer Question
I was being overworked...

I was being overworked and it was impacting my mental health. Average hours worked ranged at about 15 hours per day at 6 days per week. Can I collect unemployement?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this unemployment issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

The company is a small start up - one owner was nice enough to listen about my hours but did nothing and the other was a bully who expected 17 hours / day. I never had any contact HR

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was being bullied and shamed for having let 1 implementation slip beyond 24 hours and I had my 1:1 2 days prior and nothing was said about my performance being at issue. I was shamed and degraded for 1 slip up after 99 days of constant work to order chaos. I let the bullying owner know that if I was not doing what they need then they should get someone who could. I quit - he said he was going to talk to the other owner and get back to me but never did. The next thing I know I'm getting locked out of systems and so I guess that was that.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/22/2018
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
what can I answer for you?
The company is based in GA and I work in CO - telecommute so I work from home. There is no HR department and I never received an employee handbook but apparently, there is one because after separation I come to find out that I did not get my PTO paid because I had not worked 6 months. I only worked 100 days.
What outcome do you envision?