Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am a superintenden for a nonunion company working on the…

I am a superintenden...

I am a superintenden for a nonunion company working on the prevailing wage job. I am a salaried employee Who is making a fraction of what my contractors and workers are making. Being that this is prevailing wage should I be seeing an increase in pay? I appreciate your time in regards ***** ***** matter

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No I have not I was just curious what my rights were I do like the company that I work for. One of my contractor foreman told me that I should be making more beans at this is a prevailing wage project

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I guess I am an at will employee as I no longer work for union.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think we’re good I appreciate it.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Absolutely. A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it! By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
should they bylaw pay me a prevailing wage while I work on these types of projects
Correct.
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Thanks in advance. If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
What laws/codes can I refer to so I can show the verbiage to my employer
I do like who I work for and don’t want to make it a legal battle
You can cite to the prevailing wage and to fact that you are being underpaid relative to others.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.It is not statutory but you have the facts.
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.