Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am looking for some advice about unfair or bullying

Customer Question
I am looking for...

I am looking for some advice about unfair or bullying situation at work as a manager

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I am sending some notes to our HR and I need legal advice for this

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Matter

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am a manager but the associates are part of union

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
3/23/2018
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your situation.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

What are your questions?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am facing some uncomfortable situation at work where I feel being bullied as a manager in the state of Virginia. I am not part of union but our associate are.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This situation has been ongoing for almost a year and half. What advices do you recommend?

Thank you for the information.

Your options here would be to report the incidents to your Human Resources Department ("HR") so that the HR can take appropriate action. If the bullying is coming from subordinates, then you have to discipline them including terminating them.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If there no trust amping the HR team, what can I do

I am sorry, but I do not understand your question.

Kindly review, edit, and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
amoung

You need to escalate the matter to the highest level in your organization.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. I will definitely. When do you think the eeoc and lawyer can be involve in these matter

If you are alleging that the bullying is because of your race, age (40 and over), gender, religion, national origin or the like, then you can file discrimination complaint with the EEOC if your employer has 15 or more employees and if your employer does not resolve your issue to your satisfaction. You can also obtain an employment Attorney at that time to assist you in filing the lawsuit. Employment Attorneys do not come cheap. Most require a retainer of $5,000.00 or more to represent employees in discrimination cases.

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site. Thank you for your cooperation.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law