Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work for a company that constantly overlooks the staff and…

I work for a...

I work for a company that constantly overlooks the white staff and praises the black staff for bad behavior

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No. I’m not sure if it would make a difference. They’re too afraid of looking racist if they write up the black staff, but have no problem writing up the white staff

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have seen the black staff mistreat their consumers(adults with disabilities)

3/22/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.
A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
but what if I can’t remember the dates?
Approximate
Good luck!! Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How much would it cost to get a letter
Local counsel could likely do cheaply. Perhaps $200. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Infolawyer, Lawyer