Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Can I keep my job and sue them? I am in a union. My union…

Customer Question
Can I keep my...

Can I keep my job and sue them?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Yes I am in a union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My union contrxt was broken and the law was broken multiple times

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/22/2018
Employment Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

You are not required to quit your job in order to sue your employer, as long as you can establish that they caused you to suffer damages through breaching your contract or not following the law. Federal law prohibits an employer from terminating an employee in retaliation for enforcing their legal rights under the law. So yes, you can keep your job and still sue.

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please reply WITHOUT rating so I can clarify. My goal is to provide excellent service, so if I've done that, please give me a 5-star rating before signing out. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

If I can prove my union contract was broken can demand a new contact and can I sue while being in the union

You can demand enforcement of the contract, or damages for breaking it. You typically wouldn't have a right to a brand new contract.

Read your union agreement to see if you have to go through any specific procedures before being allowed to sue. There could be a clause that requires you to go to arbitration. If it doesn't say anything, yes you can.

Can I call you I would just have to pay you tomorrow please and thank you

I apologize, but phone calls must be paid in advance. You can request a call tomorrow when you're ready.

Why did I get charged 33 dollars I only paid for 5 dollar I’m not happy about this

The $5 is a deposit. JustAnswer experts require payment for their time, just like anyone who performs a service or does a job. If you have a question about what you agreed to when you signed up, please contact customer srevice.

I understand but my bank account overdrafted I only gave 5 dollars becAuse that is all I can afford what I’m not happy about that how can I cancel my services and never get charged from y’all again.

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding. Again, please contact customer service. I do not have any ability to access your account.