Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work at a nursing home my resiendents that I take care of…

Customer Question
Hi I work at...

Hi I work at a nursing home my resiendents that I take care of along with other workers told me the day shift nurse said my boss is going to fire me and I asked my boss in a message and she did not reply I am looking too sue this company for violating my privacy by my boss telling another employee that I am getting fired know she don't have a reason to fire me other then the day shift nurse witch is her best friend does not like me all so I do my job to my best ability and my nurse that I work with while tell you the same my co workers while tell you the same

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Yes and she while not answer me witch is my derector of nursing witch she is under investigation right know with ensigns witch is are head courters but I don't want a termination to go one my record when I have done nothing to get fired

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No I am just a cna overnight cna

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's all I am planning on quitting after tomorrow because I don't want my record too look baf

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/22/2018
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Good evening and welcome. I am very sorry to h ear about all this. Are you asking if it is against the law for your boss to tell other people that they are planning on firing you before they let you know? Can you clarify what your specific question is for me?

that is what I am asking I am at work know and the nurse that she told is telling residents that I take care of

Thank you. While it is highly unprofessional for an employer to share information about a termination before actually notifying the terminated employee, it does not violate any law as there are no privacy rights when it comes to employment. So, while I truly wish I could tell you otherwise, you are not describing facts that would typically give rise to any legal claims.

I hope this answers your question and again I do wish I had better news to share. If there is anything else I can do for you, just let me know. It's my pleasure...

But she told patience

Yes, I understand that. Unfortunately that does not violate any law. Again, I wish I had better news to share with you, but of course I must honestly answer your question.