Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I've been employed with the company for over 10 years. A…

Customer Question
I've been employed with...

I've been employed with the company for over 10 years. A week ago I've been terminated without the cause and the employer is avoiding to

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

At will employee the employer ignores to honor a) Pay my outstanding wages
b) Pay my severance as per employment agreement
c) Provide my W2 for 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'll have to enclose my contract I guess but probably at later stage

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/22/2018
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
On review of your facts, you have a good case. You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Hi,Thanks for the quick response.I would really appreciate if you can take a look in my original contract. There are little specifics about this case.
I'm willing to call you, but is there any name of the lawyer, location...?
Can my contract be reviewed?
If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
I need my contract to be reviewed, thx.
But that is a different inquiry than what you posed. Is the reply to your original inquiry acceptable?You can pose a new thread seeking contract review.

I feel like I've got pretty generic answer. I want to get to specifics of this case by reviewing my contract. Is the best way to do it to call you?
I cannot review the contract at this time so I will opt out.