Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have been with a large financial institution for 25 years.

I have been with...

I have been with a large financial institution for 25 years . In the past year I moved to a new department and myself and my coworker are being bullied & harassed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this harassment issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Very briefly with an Avp but it is difficult as we are in Edmonton and they are in Toronto. I find it so unbearable I am going to quit

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Do not belong to a union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was on short term disability for 2 months Nov & December I had eye surgery. My boss discussed my health with my co worker and others in the office when I wasn't there

3/21/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
On review of your facts, you have a good case.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. www.eeoc.gov is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Acceptable
Great! Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer