Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was leasing a truck from a company. I was terminated and…

I was leasing a truck...
I was leasing a truck from a company. I was terminated and they made me turn my truck in the same day of termination. They took a payment for they week. I was told I had 15 days to take truck to another company. When spoke with financial rep she said I didn't cause was terminated on the spot. She ask if I had received a termination letter and I told her it just happened. Cause they had mail a termination letter then I would get 15 day but because I terminated on the spot I didn't get the 15 days. I have received a termination letter. Wondering if there anything I can do to get my truck back.
3/21/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Does the lease say that if you are terminated the lease is ended?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Either party may terminte this agreement for any reason by giving fifteen days written notice

Thank you for your reply.

Nothing in that agreement says anything about losing the truck, it just says that all equipment belonging to the company has to be turned in. Is there some other lease agreement that says you have to surrender the truck?

Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney