Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My boss berated me in a meeting with about 15 other people a…

Customer Question
My boss berated me...

My boss berated me in a meeting with about 15 other people a month ago after a disagreement on another issue and then today she started to do it again in a meeting with 4 people besides her and I. She didn't calm down and stop being on the attack until someone chimed in and said that although she wasn't involved in the meeting we had meetings about this issue and this wasn't the first time this issue had been brought up.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I talked with my supervisor and she said she was sorry that happened to me that she didn't think I deserved to be treated that way and basically told me to shake it off.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We are a community service provider for developmentally delayed individuals and she owns the company, there is no board.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

what can I answer for you?

I need to know if there is any recourse for me if she decides to write me up of fire me because of something she thinks I did.

In an employment at will, normally berating or writing you up without basis is not illegal. If however there is discrimination, sexual harassment, or violation of policy, you may contest it and may choose to have counsel negotiate for you.

If my reply is fast and acceptable - albeit not necessarily good news - please reply "acceptable"

I figured...thanks

very welcome. Kindly rate me positively - its the only way I get credit by the website.