Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Trying to determine if my employer is actually

Trying to determine if...

Trying to determine if my employer is actually discriminating or if I've got it wrong... feels like discrimination.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this discrimination issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Have spoken to supervisor numerous times (without using the "d" word). Have provided documentation from my doctor. Recently, I spoke to the owner of the company as well. Just getting the runaround.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

At will... for 20+ years.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm sick. It doesn't stop me from working but Dr. has recommended I work from home a couple days a week. My condition causes black outs and excessive time driving exasperates vertigo symptoms. Just trying to find a way to keep working without getting fired.

3/21/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

There is a claim where employer treats you differently because of condition/disability, fails to accomodate, and/or retaliates for the condition. You normally would pursue a grievance with HR and if needed through a local employment lawyer too.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will call HR today and see what happens. Thank you!

very welcome

Kindly rate me 5 stars

Infolawyer, Lawyer
Infolawyer, Lawyer