Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

March 5, 2018 I felt I was forced to resign from the aloft…

Hello, March 5, 2018...

Hello, March 5, 2018 I felt I was forced to resign from the aloft Charleston airport hotel, due to an employee tried to attack me on Saturday March 5,2018. Once the attack took place I did speak with the CEO and not once did he ask if i was OK or any of the other employees. Due to unsafe working conditions I felt I needed to resign due to safety reasons. March 6th the company denied my two weeks i provided and still owes me an expense check, they took out insurance payment but yet canceled my insurance on the 6th of March and my final check they shorted me two days. Although I was salaried they feel my time spent over the weekend I did not deserve to be paid. I really don't know what to do for the company Sree Hotels in Charlotte is not responding. Can you assist or point me in the proper direction? Thank you Jennifer Mortland

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the forced resignation with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No HR never once asked "why" i resigned nor did she ask about the attack, but she did know about it

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No union at will not sure what that means

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My title was General Manager I worked an average of 6 days a week 12 to 14 hours a day. They refused to pay me my PTO time as well. Do have a police record of the attack and hotel will have some evidence that the staff member who attacked me is on camera. Shows her taking off her jacket and other employees having to hold her back

3/21/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

are you asking if you can pursue a claim?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Honest that is not what I wanted to do but given the situation I feel I should if it is an option. I'm not sure if shared but they still owe me for expense's I had applied to my personal CC. I included all the charges on my resignation letter as well, still no response and I have been asking over the last two weeks.

I think you have a claim for the amount owing, and you can also seek to negotiate a severance. company wont want to risk being sued and will often negotiate with you or preferably an employment lawyer locally on your behalf.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
since i don't have any income at this time I want to save money to move forward do i have to agree to the $59 charge

No call needed. I replied in chat. Is the chat reply acceptable?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
thank you. whom should I contact to move forward?

An employment lawyer locally, and can use avvo.com. Counsel can work on commission so you have no downside.

Kindly rate me 5 stars.

Infolawyer, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
gave you a 5 star and thank you again for your assistance!
Infolawyer, Lawyer