Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Will a failed pre employment drug test be reported by the…

Will a failed pre...

Will a failed pre employment drug test be reported by the employer to the Virginia Employment Commission?

Lawyer's Assistant: Was the drug test discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

HR of a county

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

At will. Hourly County Education System

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

3/21/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

was the test done at the direction of the employer?

Hi there. Pre employment
I am collecting unemployment benefits

The result would be shared with the employer who reqested. It should not affect benefits. Please let me know if my reply is acceptable by replying "yes"

Should or Won’t?

Will not.

Will the VEC know that I had a conditional offer?

They will not. This only is known if shared by you or by the employer.

I guess I need to ask the employer if they will report?

Yes, I would ask. Good luck. Kindly confirm my replies are fast and acceptable by replying "yes"

If you are versed in Va code then yes
I am. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer