Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Is it legal for a company to withhold titles to home and…

Customer Question
Is it legal for...

Is it legal for a company to withhold titles to home and vehicle when given the exact amount owed on the contract? This company also is holding the last paycheck because we wouldnt give a name of a cattle buyer who was going to stop using their company.

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this wage-and-hour issue discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

It was discussed with them and they told us without a name no titles and threw the cashiers check bck to us and physically threw my husband out the door.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

At will. And based of mileagae and prorate

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think i got it all

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/22/2018
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Tina, Lawyer