Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My prescription eyeglasses was broke By an incident at work…

Customer Question
My prescription eyeglasses was...

My prescription eyeglasses was broke By an incident at work who pays for a placement ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Manager

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Work for tree co. During storm clean up I was struck by tree limb fell to ground glasses broke. Employer says they do not have to replace

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
If work related company is liable if it elects not to submit to workers comp. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
If needed, A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!
Awaiting your reply, thank you!