Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My boss is only tracking mine(female) and another females…

Customer Question
My boss is only...

My boss is only tracking mine(female) and another females hours at work. He does not keep track of the men's hours. Is this legal?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I am the HR manager. I have discussed this with my boss( owner) and he told me it's because mine and the other female's jobs are different than everyone elses.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Yes i am in an "at will" state. No I do not belong to a union.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't believe so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/20/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

No it is not legal it is discrimination based on gender. If you have proof he is only tracking the female employee's hours and not the male employees, then your next step is you need to go to the EEOC, http://www.eeoc.gov and file a complaint against the employer, since you already approached the employer and they refused to take action. The EEOC will investigate and will give you a right to sue letter.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.