Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I need to write a rebuttal on my EEOC charge. We did

I need to write...

I need to write a rebuttal on my EEOC charge

Lawyer's Assistant: Was the EEOC case discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

We did mediation with HR

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

At will , salaried

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My supervisor was recently terminated

3/20/2018
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, Lawyer
typically in a discrimination claim, complainant files a charge of discrimination claiming that the employer discriminated against him or her based on a protected class such as race gender religion disability etc. once a charge is filed then the employer can provide a position statement. Then the complainant can provide a rebuttal
are you tryingTo prepare a rebuttal to the employer position statement?
After you prove the elements of a discrimination claim (performing satisfactory work; member of a protected class (Minority, female, disabled, etc);adverse employment action (termination demotion etc); similar people NOT in the protected class being treated better. THEN the employer must provide a legitimate business reason for its conduct toward the employee. Then the employee provides a rebuttal to that statement explaining why the employer’s excuses are untrue or don’t make sense.
If you need more guidance, please let me know?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have proof of someone of another race treated better than me in my department. My minority supervisor was also recently terminated and some of her performance plan included work tasks that I perform. Can I include it in my rebuttal?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The employer's respondent statement says that it was a case of confusion, but that is not true. We went to mediation and nothing was resolved.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I ask for an extension of the rebuttal date so that I can get an attorney to prepare it for me? I have called a few with no return calls back in 2 wks
you can request an extension until you retain a lawyer in your area. You should refer the the Bar Association in your state for a lawyer referral of an attorney who handles Civil right law.
Your rebuttal can include All the statements you just shared with me. You just have to talk about how the employer’s explanations don’t make sense or are untrue.
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, Lawyer
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, Lawyer