Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

May I talk to a lawyer. None of the above. Hourly, at will.

Customer Question
May I talk to...

May I talk to a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

None of the above

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

Hourly , at will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can this be on the phone

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to answer your question. What is your question for me, please?

i feel very inadequate to handle this situation, and i have let it go on for far too long. she is billing me for jan., feb. and march,
4200. she was not a good employee, the new people in the office said she did not do anything, i know i paid her some money and assume that was for work done, not sure if i can deduct that from what she says i owe her. she may have been stealing from the proceeds coming in from clients
another person was in the office and left abruptly to start her own agency, she was trying to take our clients with her,
i think i was in shock from this situation and not handling the other one well,
i don't know if i have any recourse. i don't know if the labor board could help me or a lawyer. she is threatening me with the labor board and what they could do to me
i am 75 years old and have been a counselor for years. mgmt. is not my strong suite, also not aware of how people could try to take advantage of a situation. i need to handle this, get the business in order and then sell it, we are in the process of getting licensed by the state, the two people in there now are trying to get things in order, not sure how to handle this woman and her demand for money, like i said i am not sure i owe her that much and that the checks i paid her were not for wages.
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 months ago

Thank you. I am not sure I will be able to assist you with this so I am going to opt out in favor of other attorneys on the site. Please do not respond to this message as doing so will delay a response from someone else. I apologize for any inconvenience. Someone else should be with you soon.